fri18mar12:00 pm1:00 pmOn ZoomGaining by Giving: How Generosity is Useful in Business, with Phil NevelsA Roundtable, with Phil Nevels12:00 pm - 1:00 pm(GMT-05:00) View in my time WHO THIS IS FOR:Emotional Intelligence,Leaders,Managers
Junto Members only
Event has already taken place!
WHY THIS TOPIC: Topics related to virtue (our moral character) are often discussed separately from topics related to business acumen. When they ARE correlated with one another, the result is often
WHY THIS TOPIC:
Topics related to virtue (our moral character) are often discussed separately from topics related to business acumen. When they ARE correlated with one another, the result is often a recommended list of actions that we believe we’re already doing. There is, however, one virtue, that is universally challenging AND universally useful to our businesses: Generosity! Having a mindset oriented around generosity grants us a fresh perspective on the world around us, while helping us more effectively tackle some of the toughest challenges associated with running/growing our businesses.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- A new definition for generosity
- Benefits of a generosity mindset in personal and business contexts
- Approaches to applying a generosity mindset in the workplace
YOU MIGHT ENJOY THIS IF YOU ARE:
- Interested in engendering a high-EQ work environment within your organization
- A leader who wants to improve the connection between company culture and company success
- Someone interested in improving your relationships with friends, family, and work colleagues
Phil Nevels is Director of Corporate Strategy for AES, where he is responsible for helping define AES’s asset portfolio, which includes renewable, thermal, and utility assets across 13 different countries. He also supports the identification of new growth opportunities for AES to pursue.
Phil has also held roles as the Director of Innovation & Partnerships at Exelon Utilities where he was responsible for identifying, evaluating, and testing new technologies likely to impact the evolution of the utility business model and COO/Co-founder of Power2Switch.