fri26mar8:30 am9:30 amOn ZoomUsing Movement to Break Down Barriers between PeopleA Personal Growth Roundtable, with Quentin Robinson8:30 am - 9:30 am(GMT-05:00) View in my time WHO THIS IS FOR:All Team Members,Founder,Leaders
Junto Members only
Event has already taken place!
WHY THIS TOPIC: One of the hardest relationship dynamics is conflict. How do we approach it? What do we say? When do we address it? It’s hard enough in the physical world
WHY THIS TOPIC:
One of the hardest relationship dynamics is conflict.
How do we approach it? What do we say? When do we address it? It’s hard enough in the physical world and, at times, more challenging in the virtual world.
Most of the strategies are conversation-related but there’s one tool we have in our toolbox that almost never comes up: movement.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- A fresh approach to breaking down barriers with colleagues
- How to use your body, non-verbals, and gestures to communicate empathically
- Specific movements you can use during virtual meetings
YOU MIGHT ENJOY THIS IF YOU ARE:
- Someone who wants healthier relationships with teammates
- Uncomfortable having difficult conversations
- Comfortable having them but not as effective as you’d like to be
Quentin Robinson is founder of Movements4Movements, a non-profit that offers dance and movement therapy workshops to youth, veteran, refugee, and similar communities that deal with social, economic, and cultural barriers. He’s been a professional dancer for over 20 years, teaching and performing internationally, and has been featured at a variety of events such as the Athena Pride Women’s Conference, TEDx Bozeman, BET, Zoe’s Summer Groove, Telemundo 2, and the Florida Fly competition.