fri05feb9:00 am10:00 amOn ZoomWhat We Can IgnorePersonal Growth Roundtable, with Tony Wilkins9:00 am - 10:00 am(GMT-06:00) View in my time WHO THIS IS FOR:All Team Members,Emotional Intelligence,Leaders,Managers
Junto Members only
Event has already taken place!
WHY THIS TOPIC: We know that elite swimmers shave their body hair to improve their performance. Sailors scrape barnacles and algae off the bottom of their boats. And car designers seek
WHY THIS TOPIC:
We know that elite swimmers shave their body hair to improve their performance. Sailors scrape barnacles and algae off the bottom of their boats. And car designers seek to make their product as aerodynamic as possible in order to improve fuel efficiency.
All of these measures reduce drag, and so will this roundtable, which will shine a light on the mental friction we experience from things we *can* ignore to improve our efficiency.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- how to observe and choose not to respond to stimuli like news, social media, opinions, and others that just…don’t…matter
- and how to create time and mental bandwidth to apply to the things and people in your lives that do matter
YOU MIGHT ENJOY THIS IF YOU ARE:
- trying to find ways to get more done in a day
- feeling overwhelmed because you cannot figure out what you can let go of
- resolving to be more productive and focused this year
Tony Wilkins is a private investor, CEO coach, and a Founding Mentor at Junto. He helps people make better decisions and improve the probability of good outcomes by applying alternative perspectives he has collected from decades of broad industry experiences.
He’s built a reputation at Junto and beyond providing stories, quotes, and insights that conjure up the response, “Hmm…I hadn’t thought of that,” and asking provocative questions that lead to creative epiphanies, engineering serendipity and completely new approaches.