We sometimes think of accountability as an individual trait but when it’s part of a company’s culture, it becomes far more powerful because we hold ourselves accountable and do the same with our team. This session will introduce you to a new to think about this and, more importantly, how to put it into action.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
– A simple model for accountability that can be remembered and applied by anyone
– What happens to a company’s culture when the team begins practicing this model
– Why and how accountability can be an acquired trait
YOU MIGHT ENJOY THIS IF YOU ARE:
– A leader or manager of any kind
– In an HR or people role
– In a workplace that can benefit from less finger-pointing and more productivity
Gaye van den Hombergh is a longtime Junto mentor and instructor who is currently a Senior Partner with Partners in Leadership. After serving in two President/CEO roles, leading businesses and teams to record results and learning from both successes and failures, she knows first hand that leadership, culture, and business results are inextricably linked. She is also a private company board director, and advisory board member at Hope College’s Center for Leadership.
We help companies and their teams become infinitely better, smarter, and healthier.