WHY THIS TOPIC:
Are you struggling with ambiguity in your organization, role, or a specific task or problem? Are you having difficulty measuring your progress day to day? Maybe your role is unclear, or you have a certain task you don’t even know how to start. Embracing ambiguity through curiosity and connection can often be a path to more clarity. As the saying goes, you often don’t know what you don’t know.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
– A practical framework for approaching ambiguous situations
– Similarities of approach between startup and more corporate environments
– Real world examples through the lens of diverse experiences
THIS MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF YOU ARE:
– In an ambiguous role (like strategy or growth)
– Struggling with an ambiguous task or problem
– Interested in starting something new and unsure of how to begin
Phil Nevels is Director of Corporate Strategy for AES, where he is responsible for helping define AES’s asset portfolio, which includes renewable, thermal, and utility assets across 13 different countries. He also supports the identification of new growth opportunities for AES to pursue.
Phil has also held roles as the Director of Innovation & Partnerships at Exelon Utilities where he was responsible for identifying, evaluating, and testing new technologies likely to impact the evolution of the utility business model and COO/Co-founder of Power2Switch.