tue22feb12:00 pm1:00 pmOn ZoomHumanity Beyond the Skin, with Nicole Johnsonwith Nicole Johnson12:00 pm - 1:00 pm(GMT-06:00) View in my time WHO THIS IS FOR:All Team Members,CEOs,Leaders,personal growth
Junto Members only
Event has already taken place!
WHY THIS TOPIC: At the root of discrimination and racism is the belief I am because they are. If we want a more just and equitable world where we all
WHY THIS TOPIC:
At the root of discrimination and racism is the belief I am because they are. If we want a more just and equitable world where we all experience liberation, we must acknowledge that we’ve operated in a manner that does not acknowledge the humanity in us all. This session will begin with a brief meditation and movement exercise. We’ll discuss who we are beyond the color of our skin and the roles we assume.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
– A deeper understanding of how you perform certain actions or engage in relationships
– How you adopt beliefs and thought processes based on your roles that may contrast with who you believe you are or who you can be
THIS MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF YOU ARE:
– Want to move in kindness and compassion in your dealings with others
– Interested in learning more about your own personal biases and beliefs
– Want to actively improve your behaviors to see the humanity in all
Nicole Jeanine Johnson is a Race & Equity and Impact Strategist. Nicole started The Aya Group, a racial equity policy and practice firm to support nonprofits and corporations in addressing anti-Blackness and white supremacy in their day to day business. She facilitates training and lectures with Fortune 500 companies, national and local progressive & ethnic nonprofits. She was born and raised on Chicago’s south side and is a proud Chicago Public School graduate. She has a Master’s of Science in Education Policy from the University of Pennsylvania, a Master’s of Arts in Teaching from National Louis University, and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Michigan.