WHY THIS TOPIC:
Making big asks is often difficult but necessary for progress in your personal and professional life. As a manager or leader you will have to make big asks
WHY THIS TOPIC:
Making big asks is often difficult but necessary for progress in your personal and professional life. As a manager or leader you will have to make big asks of founders, executives or even customers on behalf of your team, yourself, or your peers. Using empathy will help you get what you’re asking by understanding where the other person is coming from and setting up your request with this knowledge.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
– How to make a big request by using empathy mapping
– How to handle power differentials when making big asks of founders or executives
– Tips on how to ask
– What to do when the person says “no” and how to ask again
THIS MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF YOU ARE:
– A manager or leader of any kind
– Looking for additional investment for your team (time, money, people, etc.), need to ask for strategy change, or need to negotiate a trade-off or priority
– Someone who struggles making big asks of those in a higher position of power
– Someone who wants to make a powerful request at work, home, family, or any other situations
Paulina Caprio is the founder of Chrysalis, a consulting firm focused on culture change helping companies achieve and sustain their desired culture. She helps companies build the cultures they need to execute their strategies and merging companies harmonize disparate cultures as they integrate. Paulina is a Junto mentor and dedicated to helping women in business.
We help companies and their teams become infinitely better, smarter, and healthier.