WHY THIS TOPIC:
In every leadership career, there is a time where things are structurally against you. It could be the competition, the market, regulation, geopolitics, etc. In these times, it is a zero sum game to survive. We will discuss experience shares of leading through the harsh parts of business with dignity for everyone. This includes layoffs, mass attrition, and leadership changes in the organization.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
– Shared experiences from a seasoned executive on managing through business downturns
– Ways to continue to inspire and lead your team even during layoffs or mass attrition
– How to handle leadership changes in an organization
YOU MIGHT ENJOY THIS IF YOU ARE:
– A leader or manager of any kind
– A leader dealing with a difficult business situation looking for more guidance on how to keep your team motivated
– Someone who wants to hear shared experiences for how to get through tougher times
Paul Pagel is co-CEO of 8th Light, an employee-owned company that crafts software – from mobile to microservices – that is beautiful, durable, and shows pride in workmanship. He’s passionate about increasing the quality of software in the world by training developers and designers to be more skilled, providing great places to work, and supporting them to make the code that runs the world better.