WHY THIS TOPIC:
Managing up and sideways can sometimes be more challenging than managing your direct reports, but it can often be an essential component to your success. In this session
WHY THIS TOPIC:
Managing up and sideways can sometimes be more challenging than managing your direct reports, but it can often be an essential component to your success. In this session you’ll hear shared experiences and effective tactics along with pitfalls to avoid when working cross-functionally with your peers as well as when managing your relationship with your boss.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
– Techniques to build strong relationships with your peers and drive cross-functional success
– Pitfalls to avoid when working with peers that can lead to toxic relationships
– Steps you can take to make sure you are meeting your manager’s expectations
– Tools that can help you maintain a positive relationship with your manager
YOU MIGHT ENJOY THIS IF YOU ARE:
– A leader or manager of any kind
– Someone who struggles managing across functions or with peers
– A leader who wants to build and maintain a better relationship with your boss
Josh Chapman is a seasoned executive and longtime Junto Mentor, with more than 25 years experience focused on achieving results and transforming organizations both large and small. He’s currently COO at LandscapeHub, a startup that is the wholesale order management tool for landscape professionals to find what they need and get it fast. Prior to this, he held C-level and executive positions in operations at MATTER, GiveForward, Cars.com, and Xerox.
We help companies and their teams become infinitely better, smarter, and healthier.