WHY THIS TOPIC:
It’s been one of the most popular ideas shared at Junto over the years: setting aside our expectations in favor of setting standards, both at work and at home.
The main reason is that our expectations are often unmet, leaving us with negative emotions. Interestingly, however, the same doesn’t apply to standards. Join us and discover why.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
– The differences between expectations and standards, and why they matter
– Examples of the impact each one has on emotions, mindset, behavior, and relationships
– How to convert expectations into standards
YOU MIGHT ENJOY THIS IF YOU ARE:
– In a leadership role of any kind
– Trying to build healthier relationships
– Curious what the fuss is all about with standards
Raman Chadha is Founder and Managing Partner at The Junto Institute. In his role, Raman designs and delivers the company’s core offerings, delivers emotional intelligence training, and hosts leadership roundtables. Most of his career has been at the intersection of leadership, emotional intelligence, and entrepreneurship.