Once upon a time there was a leader who realized that the best and fastest way to become a successful and truly authentic leader was to learn how to be a master storyteller. And she/they led happily ever after…
“Data can persuade people, but it doesn’t inspire them to act; to do that, you need to wrap your vision in a story that fires the imagination and stirs the soul.” – Harrison Monarth
Skilled storytelling can help you ace an interview or talk yourself out of a speeding ticket, but far beyond that, storytelling is a high-impact communication skill that will serve you in your role, in your relationship building, and in your ability to be a high-impact, authentic leader. Olga Selina, VP IT at Baxter, will discuss how telling stories that intertwine personal and work experiences can transform a leader’s relationship with their staff (yes, she has a few stories of her own to tell).
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
– How to use storytelling to be more easily and effectively share who you are and increase your emotional intelligence
– Ways your stories can inspire, support, share context, and create a team ethos
– How storytelling can help you incorporate humor into your work environment
THIS MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF YOU ARE
– In a leadership role of any kind
– Looking for new and more effective ways to communicate and connect to your team
– Someone who loved storytime in Kindergarten
Olga Selina is a Technology and Operations Executive and her specialty is transformation and change management ‘laced’ with right technology. She achieves results by understanding the history and stakeholders as well as strategic focus/northstar of the organization. She has been extremely successful because of thoughtful decisiveness, empathetic leadership and true drive for change. Her approach is unique blending humor (sometimes sarcasm), global focus, care for people and drive for excellence.
We help companies and their teams become infinitely better, smarter, and healthier.