WHY THIS TOPIC:
Storytelling is a communication skill that can help you in your role, in your relationship building, and in your ability to be an authentic
WHY THIS TOPIC:
Storytelling is a communication skill that can help you in your role, in your relationship building, and in your ability to be an authentic leader. If you as a leader adopt more impactful storytelling, what will it sound and feel like? What will be made possible for members of your team, your customers, or key stakeholders? In this session you’ll learn what is required for good storytelling and steps you can take to hone your skills.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
– Why storytelling is the most powerful way to put your ideas out in the world
– What impactful storytelling is and why it matters for leaders in today’s workplace
– Self-reflection exercises, strategies, and tactics to begin to hone your own storytelling skills and abilities
THIS MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF YOU ARE:
– A leader or manager of any kind
– Someone who wants to build your relationship management skills
– A rising leader looking for ways to connect with your team and build trust
Laura Barnard is the Founder of BREAKTHRU Brands, a brand-building agency empowering leaders in business and sports to make a greater impact. Laura holds a BA in Psychology from Harvard University and an MBA in Marketing & Strategic Management from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. Laura has nearly two decades of experience in sales, marketing, and brand management roles leading iconic, global brands. She believes that the same strategic principles and approach to developing amazing consumer brands, particularly positioning and storytelling, can be applied to building more impactful personal brands. As a former Division-I basketball player, Laura also understands and appreciates the power of teamwork. She lets this collaborative spirit guide her interactions with her clients and teammates every day. Laura resides in Oak Park, IL with her wife and three daughters.
We help companies and their teams become infinitely better, smarter, and healthier.