WHY THIS TOPIC:
Everyone loves a success story but the best lessons often come from failure. And the least painful way to learn those lessons is from someone else’s failures! Furthermore, it’s comforting to know that you’re not alone when it comes to failing at something in your career or life.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
– The career lowlights of an (apparently) successful finance executive
– What *not* to do in a variety of situations
THIS MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF YOU ARE:
– Interested in learning from – and avoiding! – the mistakes of others
– Willing to share a story of your own failure(s) in the spirit of helping others
– Scared to death of failing at anything, getting things wrong, or not meeting expectations
Rob McLennan is an accounting, finance and operations professional with extensive experience in rapidly growing companies. He’s currently CFO at Sustainable Beverage Technologies, a Colorado-based startup that is unlocking unprecedented efficiencies in brewing, distribution, and draft beer. Prior to moving to the Rockies, Rob was CFO of Chicago-based ParkWhiz, and has been a Junto Mentor since 2013.